Where do you return for renewal when your heart feels heavy with sorrow? Christopher Mack holds recent national tragedies up to the beatitudes and wonders how they invite us into an alternative to the violence of our world, while simultaneously creating space for us to process the hardships we encounter while partnering for God’s Justice. [Matthew 5:3-12]
- Where do I most struggle to see God present and enveloping my own life?
- Is there a situation or group in your world where it’s hard to imaging God? How might you open yourself to Radical Love?
- What invitation in the beatitudes might there be for action and contemplation this week?
- Book: Shoutin’ In the Fire: An American Epistle by Danté Stewart
- Book: The Ninefold Path of Jesus: Hidden Wisdom of the Beatitudes by Mark Scandrette
- Book: Rally: Communal Prayers for Lovers of Jesus and Justice Edited by Britney Winn Lee
- Art: The Mothership Designed by George Clinton, Peter Larkin, Jules Fisher
- Art: The Mothership (Capsule) Created by Jefferson Pinder