Participate in Liturgy
We live in a culture where being in a church means shopping and consuming community. We invite you into a beautiful alternative, Liturgy, which means “the work of the people”.
Every Sunday at 10:30am
@ Vesper (3106 E 14 1/2 St)
Weekly gatherings for shorties anchored by snacks, prayer and scripture to learn what it looks like to love God and in turn, their short neighbors. Greenhouse is available for kids under 12 on Sunday mornings during Liturgy after the announcements.
ZAMYN Middle & High Schoolers
ZAMYN is our community of middle and high school students who are full participants in our liturgy and the life of our community. As they move through this vulnerable time of transition we journey with them through one-on-one mentoring, summer camp at Laity Lodge, and super fun socials.
Rhythms of Liturgy
- Worship. Resting in Love itself.
- Confession. Reflecting and articulating the ways we’ve lived to earn love rather than living out of love.
- Passing the Peace. Reminding each other we are always in the presence of God’s presence in times of difficulty and beauty.
- Scripture. Finding ourselves as participants in God’s story.
- Prayers of the People. Supporting and celebrating with each other through prayer.
- Eucharist. Remembering that we are inherently lovable and loved by God. Dying to the ways we earn love to be resurrected into the resounding pattern of grace.
- Benediction. Being sent back to our city to live the church out of love.
The homilies during Liturgy become our expression to be with and shaped by the mysteriously living words of Scripture. We have made them available online.
Each week at Liturgy we provide an opportunity for the community to voice prayers of thanksgiving and petition in a corporate setting. You can follow those prayers on the website to celebrate with and support our community.
Ways to Serve on Sundays
- Setup. Flexing muscles and exercising jenga expertise. Transforming a community space into a liturgy space.
- Music. Creating audible beauty through wood, brass, ivory and communal singing.
- Host. Providing hospitality, preparing bread and wine, and welcoming new friends.
- Sound. Two turntables and a microphone. Replace turntables with cables and sound board. Multiply microphones.
- Prayer. Curating thanks and concerns and everything in between for the congregation, community, city and world.
- Bread. Baking homemade goodness that allows us to celebrate the Eucharist.
- Director. Liturgy maestro. Conducting the Sunday liturgy team.
- Rides. Saving fossil fuels by sharing vehicles and picking up vehicleless friends.
- Greenhouse Kids. Teaching our shorties how to love God and to love their shorty neighbors.