For Pentecost Sunday, Weylin Lee explores why God’s spirit and presence is a meaningful gift for us [John 14:8-17].
- How can you practice becoming more aware of God’s presence in your life today?
- What does it mean for you to embody God’s Spirit and be a gift of presence to others?
- Book: Practicing the Presence of God (Brother Lawrence)
- Podcast: NYT The Daily – The Legacy of Rachel Held Evans
- Prayer of Presence. 1. Start and end each day with consenting to God’s leadership for the day (just as you’re waking up and before falling sleeping). 2. Choose a prompt in your day (e.g. favorite color, alarm, daily chore) and pause to invite God’s presence into your actions, your words, your thoughts, your emotions. 3. Practice different time intervals. Start with a few minutes, then an hour, then a full day (inviting God’s presence in the smallest things like picking up groceries, typing, opening and closing doors).
- Welcoming Prayer. Welcome, welcome, welcome. I welcome everything that comes to me today because I know it’s for my healing. I welcome all thoughts, feelings, emotions, persons, situations, and conditions. I let go of my desire for power and control. I let go of my desire for affection, esteem, approval and pleasure. I let go of my desire for survival and security. I let go of my desire to change any situation, condition, person or myself. I open to the love and presence of God and God’s action within. Amen.