As we continue the Advent season, Jason Minnix reflects on the invitation to interior preparation to get ready for eventual peace and a return to who we really are [Luke 3:1-6].
- What would it look like to let go of who I think I am (unworthy, selfish, controlling, etc.) and reconnect with my deep self? (loved, compassionate, curious)
- How can I relax into the flow of God loving me today?
- Welcoming Practice.
- Breath deeply .
- Notice emotions, thoughts, body sensations & sink in.
- Welcome anything you notice.
- Let Go of having to manage any of it on your own.
- Become aware that everything is being held and accepted.
- Listen within the spaces you feel lost and empty.
- What is my wilderness now? (It may be a change, good or bad, that you haven’t processed yet: someone you miss, or something you miss, maybe your body has changed. Name and acknowledge what’s hollow.)
- Take a minute to feel what’s there.
- And in this space of grief, listen, see what else is there.
- Receive transformation through curiosity and compassion.
- What emotions arise as I consider this season?
- Practice validating and having compassion for the presence of those emotions and thoughts.