As we continue in the Advent season, Weylin Lee reflects on how we are invited to respond when our expectations of God don’t line up with reality [Matthew 11:2-6].
- How can we practice curiosity around our unfulfilled expectations of God and our circumstances?
- Who and where are the margins in our life that we have overlooked?
- What expectations do we need to let go of?
- Practice curiosity around your expectations. Think of something that might be disappointing, frustrating, or confusing for you right now. Reflect on how this disappointment might be tied to an expectation that we have of God. Be curious about the source of that expectation.
- Observe the margins. Who are the people in the margins of our life? How can we observe that God is already present in their lives?