As we continue our fall vision series exploring Contemplation, Jason Minnix reflects on contemplative practices that show us how to see and bring healing to our sight [John 9:1-7].
- What am I holding tightly to that is filtering my enjoyment of life?
- Where do I sense an invitation to practice resting my mind?
- Practice Contemplation. Set aside 5-20 min a day, and/or perhaps an hour or two once a week. Choose something that gives you space to disengage from thoughts and emotions. Expect some disruption at the start.
- Contemplative Practice. Body Scan. Walk through each part of your body and the reflections that come to the surface.
- Seeing Our Filters. What filters serve me now? (filtering judgment, shame, social media, etc.) What are my filters that keep out life? (filtering love, grace, joy, peace, receiving)