Jason Minnix explores how prayer, justice, and rest work together and how they are all woven together [Isaiah 58:9-14].
- How can I invite God’s presence into suffering today?
- Where do I sense small sips of rest?
- Invite God’s presence into our suffering and needs. Set aside 1 hour a week to make a list of your needs. Spend time making a plan to meet 2-3 of them. Anticipate set backs. Become curious about God’s support of you receiving what you need.
- Practice Sabbath. Does what I’m doing to rest free me up a little physically, emotionally and spiritually? Take small sips of rest daily. Take a long drink one day a week.
- What’s the one thing I’m being invited into today? To try a more meaningful form of prayer. To bring my needs and suffering into God’s presence and to engage them with care. To find rhythms of rest that free us.