Weylin Lee reflects on the areas of discomfort that we are being invited to explore in our movement towards experiencing restoration and rest [Psalm 23].
- How can we adopt more of a posture of willingness instead of willfulness to allow ourselves to let go of control?
- What patterns need to be disrupted in order for our soul to be restored?
- How can we allow ourselves to receive the goodness and mercy that is chasing after us?
- Posture of Willingness. Pick a situation, activity or relationship this week to adopt a posture of willingness. Pay attention to how letting go of control might move you into comfort and rest instead of isolation and exhaustion.
- Detox. Pick an area of your life to practice a detox this week (e.g. technology, social media, food, work, social activity). Pick an appropriate amount of time (e.g. week, day, portion of a day). In the spaces of discomfort, notice what parts of your true identity are needing to be restored.