Last year, we started a series on based on the enneagram, a personality typing system with possible roots in 4th century Christianity and a modern tool to help us identify and discover how to live into our true selves. This is less of a strict personality test, and more of a way to discover how we were made to love others and ourselves. If you’d like to deepen your knowledge of what enneagram is while we go through the series, we’ve provided a few useful resources.
- Pt I: “Loving With Your Heart” (Jason Minnix)
- Pt II: “Loving With Your Mind” (Gideon Tsang)
- Pt III: “Loving With Your Strength” (Gena Minnix)
- Vox Enneagram Workshop
Part of growing in love is getting to know our selves better. (“Love God with your heart, mind, soul, and strength.”) If you didn’t get a chance, give the podcasts a listen and use these questions to reflect.
1) What insights did I gain about myself through this process?
2) What lingering questions do I have about personality and awareness work?
3) Where is God inviting me to grow in grace toward myself and others at this time?
- Podcast – The Road Back to You (interviews with each enneagram type)
- Podcast – Typology
- The Enneagram Institute Overview
- Personality Path
- Enneagram Overview
- Enneagram at a Glance
- Online Inventory
- Book – Discovering Your Personality Type
- Book – The Enneagram: A Christian Perspective
- Book – The Wisdom of the Enneagram
[Photo by Tif @ Flickr]