Have you always wanted to try swing dancing (or any kind of social dancing) but never had a crowd to go with? Are you aware that Austin’s swing scene is the envy of most cities in the nation? Do you believe that anybody who can tap their toe can learn to dance?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the Swing Dance Slashie is for you! We’re a group of Vox-ites that enjoy good company and good dancing, regardless of ‘skill level’. This is the kick-off event for this slashie. We’ll be meeting at Catie’s house for a quick, light dinner and carpooling to The Fed for a beginners intro to swing class followed by hours of social dancing. this week happens to be the Winter Formal, so come a little dressed up.
Schedule (Thursday, Dec 8):
- 7:00pm – Come to Catie’s house if you want to carpool and/or share a light dinner. Feel free to bring something.
- 8:15pm — Beginners class begins at The Fed. Class is free with admission ($7)
- 9:00pm — Social dancing begins
- 12:00am — Dance is over
- Catie’s House (1701 J J Seabrook)
- The Fed (2312 San Gabriel St)
For more information:
- Email Catie
- RSVP on the Facebook event
- Check out the Austin Swing Syndicate website.
[Photo by Marie Liss @ Flickr]