On Austin Pride weekend, Christopher Mack looks through the Gospel of Luke’s portrayal of a woman bent down to ponder what it looks like to stand up in solidarity for the marginalized. [Luke 13:10-17]
- How might you allow your formation in the Divine Womb to shape your identity?
- Where might our habitual patterns and comfort zones be pressing down on the marginalized?
- How might we confront the powers of resentment and rejection with steadfast joy?
Pride 2022 Research & Resources
- “Beatitudes for a Queerer Church” from The Backwater Sermons: Poems by Jay Hulme
- In the Margins: A Transgender Man’s Journey with Scripture by Shannon T.L. Kearns
- Life of the Beloved: Spiritual Living in a Secular World by Henri J.M. Nouwen
- Time on Two Crosses: The Collected Writings of Bayard Rustin
- “Who Said It Was Simple” from The Collected Poems of Audre Lorde