Gina Bastone reflects on how we might need to reconsider what it means to invite God to bear witness and consider the evidence of love around us [1 John 5:9-13].
- Where have you seen the evidence of love recently, especially in our community?
- Where in your life (past wounds or experiences, current anxieties or fears) do you need God to bear witness? Where do you need validation?
- Where is God calling you to take responsibility for harm you may have caused? How can God’s witness help you grow and heal from that harm?
- Notice the spots in your life where you need God’s validation. Start with something small, and invite God to bear witness to your pain and anxieties. Also notice where you have caused harm (intentionally or unintentionally), and investigate how you can begin to take accountability for that harm. God is with you in this process!
- Reflect on where you’ve seen the evidence of love in our community. Where have we shown up for each other in the last few months? Where have you born witness for others in our community?