As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- Evan being home and getting ready to get married (Gideon)
- Our baby daughter who is due this week (Ben)
- My youngest brother who just graduated from high school in Kenya (John K)
- God’s faithfulness in my doubts and difficult times overseas and all the blessings I had nothing to do with and for this community that has been my family (Evan)
- God’s timing and guidance as I was laid off from work in the midst of challenging me to leave my job (Dan)
- Our first work event brunch and seeing God bring together all the homeless who work at our farm and all those who serve and are part of this community (Steven H)
- Getting a grant writing job here in Austin (Chris W)
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- Friends who are figuring out next steps and making big life decisions and asking God what they should do (Gideon)
- God to prepare a place of joy and peace for our new baby and for a healthy baby and mom (Ben)
- Elections in Kenya and for peace within the country (John K)
- Two big presentations I’m making this week and waiting for grad school responses (John K)
- The reminder of John 3:16 and that we would understand better each day what it means to be a part of the body of Christ (Karen)
- The next steps in my story and next job (Dan)
- Healing for my body (Becky)
- An acquaintance who lost their triplets at birth and for Steven to make right decisions in response to this tragedy (Becky)
- Two of my uncles who recently got diagnosed with cancer (Chris W)
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by elo vazquez @ Flickr]