As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- The friends in our lives that have challenged us and been formative in our own journey of faith (Weylin)
- The road trip that Anne Marie and I are about to take tomorrow morning for 9 days and that God will continue to reveal things about myself (Anslee)
- My roommate and that friends that God has given me (Dale)
- The job that I recently quit after 12 years and and being able to start a new work that God has given me a calling and passion for (Noel)
- My friend Erin who is in remission from cancer
- An amazing journey we’ve been on here at Vox and all the support we’ve received as we get ready to move to Boston (Teddy)
- This community and its hospitality (Tony)
- Starting a new job after moving here to Austin 3 years ago (Chris)
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- Us to commit to friendships in our lives where we share the same commitment and mission with God (Weylin)
- My eye surgery that I’m having tomorrow (Dolores)
- My best friend Casey who has been married for 5 years to an abusive husband and is now going through divorce. For her healing and her ability to find God in the midst of all this (Anslee)
- My friend Grace who will be heading to another country and living in a very difficult culture (Danielle)
- My roommate Austin who returned from Tanzania after dealing with heavy spiritual warfare. For strength and his transition back here (Dale)
- My friend Erin who is still dealing with tension from the check ups and worry about her previous cancer
- My friend Lindy who is dealing with physical issues. For her physical and emotional healing (Meg)
- Sudan and the camps of kidnapped boys that are growing again and that we could figure out a response in our own lives (Steven)
- God’s help in the transition to my new job (Chris)
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by anna verlet shelton @ Flickr]