As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- Getting well and having stamina back (Becky)
- Myles’ first birthday and being in our family (Jenny)
- A church connecting with a homeless man living under a bridge and bringing him back to his wife (Steven)
- My midweek group and the fruitful times we have had (Skylar)
- God bringing animals in our lives for a purpose and learning from our family cat who we lost this week
- Workers along the border that have some hope and inspiration and for the families living there (Catie)
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- Chris and the doctors to have wisdom for his health condition (Gid)
- Myles’ birth family that they would be comforted this week (Jenny)
- My grandmother who had surgery for cancer
- My mother and step father that have a new life in California (Skylar)
- God’s timing and his gentle mercy to protect us and that we would have open hands with our resources
- Mondays and how it’s sometimes hard too see God work at the beginning of the week (Chris)
- My husband’s mom who might have ovarian cancer (Dolores)
- An upcoming vote on whether the workers along the border can have a union (Catie)
- Phoebe, a young girl in Dallas, who has cancer and for her treatment and her family (Rachel)
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by Alex Gaidouk @ Flickr]