As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- The beauty and promise of place that God invites us into (Gid)
- The pictures and history that remind us that we have a place in you
- The troops who are coming back from Iraq, including my boyfriend
- Having Jason Baker healthy and with us after his biking accident (Chris)
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- Those of us who struggle in trying to build our own place and feel a sense of loneliness (Gid)
- My dad who is trying to quit smoking, and grace for my mom to be helpful through this process (Julie)
- The times we fight with you and are angry when we feel like we don’t belong, we pray that you would forgive us for being demanding in finding our own way
- My friend who had a climbing accident yesterday
- Those suffering in Turkey from the earthquake who lost homes and family (Becky)
- The staff and students at the eastside schools where some schools may be closed
- My friend and roommate David who is deploying to Afghanistan and found out his mom will be having surgery to remove a tumor (James)
- My opportunity to travel to Chicago for the learning opportunity (Chris)
- My sister who is giving birth soon and will be giving up the child for adoption
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by ++beaux @ Flickr]