As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- All the people in Texas who came to Austin to advocate for the children and their education. We pray that the people and government would put the children of Texas first. (Melissa)
- A successful end to a difficult quarter of grad school. (Chris)
- 14 happy years of marriage with my husband. (Kirsten)
- Starting to get over the hump of my mother passing away a year ago (Kirsten)
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- The country of Japan and lives lost, families who lost loved ones. (Gideon)
- The nuclear reactors in Japan that are at risk. We pray for protection against a meltdown and for the engineers and people who have already evacuated. And be with our leaders who make decisions to put these types of facilities so close to cities. (Jenny)
- Two of my students. Alejandra and her 5 siblings whose mom has been out of work for a while. Olivia and the tough relationship she has with her mother. (Dawn)
- All the people who have come to Austin for SXSW, that we can be a blessing to these people from other cities. That we could have meaningful conversations in different venues. (Grace)
- A friend who is looking at two legal life changing decisions. That they would be surrounded by wisdom and insight. (Dallas)
- Protecting our friends in Kenya that are living there to help and serve. And for the local family whose husband was murdered and his wife raped. (Kirsten)
- My non-profit company as my partners travel the world to capture stories of the affected women we are trying to help and serve. (Kirsten)
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by abbytrysagain @ Flickr]