As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- The many blessings and freedoms that we have in being in this country (Oliver)
- The beautiful reconciliation for myself and a lot of us who try so hard to run, thank you for your patience and your grace and the way you chase after us (Gideon)
- My coworker who has been sober for 14 days (Matt)
- My family in Austin and for my Vox family, for Delores, for my son Quinton, and his new academic career at Huston Tillotson (Lottie)
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- A colleague that passed away suddenly this week, pray for the family (Oliver)
- Mourning the loss of my friend Sarah
- My brother-in-law, JR’s mom who passed away, pray for comfort for the family (Matt)
- The 1000 teachers/employees who lost their job, for wisdom for what to do and comfort during this time (Rosalie)
- Our elected leaders to stop fighting and work together during this budget crisis (Gina)
- The college group, Not for Sale, which is promoting a week-long advocacy awareness against human trafficking (Grace)
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by abbytrysagain @ Flickr]