What has been your experience of (non)hierarchy in faith communities? At the beginning of our Fall vision series, Gena St. David interrogates our relationship to power and experience of hierarchy in light of a nonviolent messiah who embodied humility. [Philippians 2:5-8]
- What are the strengths and shadows of hierarchy?
- How might I practice embracing myself, and others?
- Do I tend to overutilize or underutilize my power?
- Podcast: The Rise and Fall of Mars Hill by Christianity Today
- Book: When Narcissism Comes to Church: Healing Your Community from Emotional and Spiritual Abuse by Chuck DeGroat
- Book: A Church Called Tov: Forming a Goodness Culture by Scot McKnight & Laura Barringer