In lieu of the Vox Getaway this weekend, the regularly scheduled Vox Liturgy will not be happening this Sunday. If you are staying in Austin this weekend, you are welcome to join us at the Getaway for Sunday liturgy. Lunch will be available for $8, but don’t let the cost scare you. The food at camp Buckner is pretty phenomenal. For directions to the campsite, you can download them here.
The Vox Getaway is upon us!! We’re all super excited that we can spend this weekend engaging in dialogue on the theme of ‘The Global Parish’. We will be exploring and helping give shape to the direction of Vox Veniae’s global initiatives, so we are all excited to see what emerges from this weekend. We still have space available, so if you’re on the fence on whether you can make it or not, please join us for a fantastic weekend. Here’s a quick recap on the details for the Getaway:
If you are coming to the Getaway, here are a few notable items you can/should bring:
1. Apparently, allergies are pretty intense at the campsite (judging by the misery experience by people last year), so if you suffer from allergies, we strongly suggest bringing whatever medication you need to be comfortable.
2. In keeping with trying to reduce our waste/carbon footprint, we are requesting that everyone bring their own mug for drinks. We will have both hot and cold drinks available, so bring an ambidextrous drinking utensil.
3. If you’re staying in the cabins, there is a pretty good chance that there could be an orchestra or snorers. Bring ear plugs if you’re a light sleeper, or want some unadulterated sleeps.
4. There is talk about some group biking during free time. Bring your bike if you’re in the mood for some weekend spinning.
5. Linens are not provided (unless you are staying in the hotel-style rooms), so please bring your own bedding.
For a complete list of what to bring, you can download it here.
[Photo by chix0rgirl @ Flickr]