As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- The medical care and successful surgery for Fred’s hip replacement. (Paul)
- The support and love of the Vox community and success of Fred’s operation. (Melissa)
- Good things at work, family, and things at home. (Oliver)
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- Fred and Melissa in the recovery process after Fred’s hip replacement surgery. (Paul)
- My neighbors who have cancer. (Dolores)
- Sickness and stomach flu with family, coworkers, and friends. (Oliver)
- Japan and those impacted by the disaster. (Oliver)
- Keeping us in a state of discontent when we aren’t in a place where God doesn’t want us to be. Give us the strength to satisfy our thirst with you and not satisfy it with other things. (Emily)
- Estranged family members and reconciliation. (Paul)
- My parents and dealing with issues of political differences within the family. (Jenny)
- My grandpa’s health which is failing every day and my grandmother who is having a hard time each day. (Rachel)
- The victims of the tsunami and earthquake in Japan; and for places all over the planet that are grieving the loss of children, moms and dads. (Karen)
- My friend Dana’s problems with her pancreas that has impacted work and school. And for her family to raise the funds to pay for the surgery that will greatly impact her life. (Anslee)
- One of my students who was arrested (we’re not sure why he was arrested). And for the family during this hard time. (Marsha)
- The people of Lybia and a speedy resolution and that the outcome will be an improvement over what they have now. And for the countries trying to support them. (Julie)
- Mom living everyday in pain since January. (Tandra)
- My friend who took his life one year ago and for his family.
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by abbytrysagain @ Flickr]