As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- My brother having their first baby this past week (Emily)
- Getting good news for Julia’s heart condition from the doctor a couple weeks ago (Oliver)
- Community you can invest in and that invests in you (John)
- My baby niece who was born recently and came out healthy and safe (Catie)
- Using the hard stories in our lives to make us people with tangible change (Su)
- God working on building my character (Randy)
- My new niece born to my sister
- Someone who helped me last night as I was being robbed (Becky)
- My transition from going to a different degree that’s been point of tension with my parents, but being able to learn to rely and interact with my family more (Sonia)
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- God’s continued provision for Julia’s health as she recovers from her heart attack (Oliver)
- My nephew’s girlfriend who was killed last week walking in south Austin (Dolores)
- One of my cousins who took his own life this past Saturday and for his family left behind (Su)
- My aunt and uncle having tough time in marriage (Lorie)
- My neck and a pinched nerve as I will be traveling to Ethiopia and Morocco (Lorie)
- Being able to survive the trials that those in the Bible experience (Randy)
- For my sister’s husband who is going through the second round of chemo for lymphoma
- All the brokenness that we see and feel in this city (Sonia)
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by Sam Coldy @ Flickr]