As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- For Meg, John, and becky for their courage and story (Jason)
- Little sister is having a hard time and lives at home with parents. Thankful for amazing parents.
- Feeling most thankful ever. Eight months, I asked for for help with food and housing. The Vox care team helped out. I recently qualified for Section 8 housing. I have a steady job where I just got a promotion and tickets to FunFunFun Fest
- Grateful for the last 3 years at Vox. It means a lot to me and my family. Usually I consider myself a cynic or at least suspicious of people with good stories, but not with this community. I am thankful for it. (Nick)
- Took my car into the shop and it was expensive. But for the first time, I had the money to pay for it.
- My sister has a had a tough time with my mom. My mom called the other night and said they had a good and pleasant conversation over dinner. There was no drama, and it was amazing.
- Months ago, my dad found out he had skin cancer. We found out from the surgery that they got it all!
- In the past year, my relationship with my dad has been restored.
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- Parts of our stories that are still dark. Prayer to bring them to light and not shame or condemnation. (Jason)
- I have a friend in Little Rock with a wife and 3 kids. They are trying to figure out what to do because she has an illness that impairs movement to ½ her body.
- Little sister struggling with depression.
- For those overlooked and still left out.
- Was in a car accident in January and the insurance companies are still trying to work out the details of responsibility.
- Been praying for peace with family, but I received an upsetting email from an uncle. Praying for my family to come together.
- Friend who is separated from his daughters by several states. Praying for healing and restoration.
- Friend of a friend who was beat up and had several things stolen. His family blames him. Prayer for the friend to be a light and help support healing. (Anslee)
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by lord the air smells good today @ Flickr]