What if meaningful prayer is learning to rest in the presence of the One who not only loves us but desires our company? What if prayer can also be just learning to “rest in God,” beyond words?
We have learned forms of prayer that involve being active and using lots of words, sometimes vocally. While these are very meaningful forms or prayer, there is another aspect of prayer that is passive and can be described as attentive listening. Centering Prayer makes space in us for God’s Spirit to reveal, and heal, the unconscious parts of us that keep us from living as fully as we’d like, all while resting in God’s loving gaze.
We hope you can join us for a time of introduction to the method of Centering Prayer through some teaching and times of practicing together.
When: Saturday, Feb 26th, 10am-3pm
Hosts: David & Anna Wallace
Cost: $25/person (*Scholarships are available if the cost of the workshop creates any hardship)
- Includes workshop and five successive Centering Prayer “Zoom” meetings (one per week for 5 weeks)
- Includes a copy of Thomas Keating’s “Open Mind, Open Heart”
- Bring your own “brown bag lunch”
- Note: We are requiring masks for our indoor community events.
Spring 2022 Workshops
We will be offering the following monthly workshops in the spring to help our community engage practices and tools that will facilitate our ability to embody both contemplation and action.
- Feb 26 – Centering Prayer
- Mar 23 – Nonviolent Communication
- Apr 20 – Theology
- May 14 – Enneagram
[Photo by Joe Nigel Coleman]