We are pausing our Sunday liturgy from July 18 – Aug 1 in order for our leadership team to rest from this challenging year of transition and to plan for our hybrid in-person liturgy. During our liturgy pause, the Community Team has organized outdoor gatherings as a way for us to still be together and connect.
Community Sunday Events
All community events will be 10:30am-12pm and come and go as you are able. For more details and to register, please visit our events page. Look for the “Hard Times Come Again No More” bandana to find the Vox group at each location.
- July 18 – Brunch at Central Market (N. Lamar)
- July 25 – Brunch at Cherrywood Coffeehouse
- August 1 – Swimming at Barton Springs
Here is a list of previous homilies from the past year that will be helpful in hearing the context of what our community experienced this past year and what we hope for as we return together.
- February 28 – Disorientation
- April 4 – Unexpected Resurrection
- April 25 – Green Pastures and Dark Valleys
- May 30 – Reimagining Service
- June 6 – Not Losing Heart
- All homily podcasts
In-Person Liturgy Reopening Plans
Over the next few weeks, we will be planning the logistics for reopening safely and offering a hybrid format to still allow others to join virtually. We will test out our hybrid in-person liturgy during August with only the Leadership Team at Vesper and then open it up to the greater community starting in September.
- July 18 – Aug 1: Liturgy pause (with Community events for connection)
- Aug 8 – Aug 29: Testing hybrid in-person liturgy (Leadership Team only, online for everyone else)
- Sep 5: Launch hybrid in-person liturgy (open to the public at Vesper)
Click here for more information about our reopening plans.
[Photo by Andrew Seaman]