As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- My father who suffered a minor stroke last week, but there was no damage to his motor functions (Weylin)
- My 97 year old grandfather who survived pneumonia
- A home that I can go home to provided by Vox and Mobile Loaves and Fishes (Becky)
- My brother who is safe after not hearing from him for a long period of time (Delilah)
- Using this city and community to sharpen and support me (Aaron)
- My middle school applications and getting into the schools that I wanted to
- This community and being able to share our hopes and fears (John K)
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- Us to be able to put aside distractions this season of Lent and be honest about the ways we have chosen our ways over God’s ways (Weylin)
- A family member in prison and the best way for my parents to be a support (Candace)
- My friend at school who is experiencing suicidal thoughts (Elena)
- My sister Becky who had surgery last week and her eyesight is now worse due to a mistake in surgery (Delilah)
- My transition as I enter a new chapter of life and for the unknown and fear that comes with it (Aaron)
- A coworker who has complicated surgeries coming up (Silas)
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by Sergey Neamoscou @ Flickr]