Midweek Group Resources
The following are resources for our Midweek groups to help facilitate discussions and spiritual practices.
The following are guides and walkthrough for various contemplative practices that your group can engage in regards to Scripture and prayer.
- Lectio Divina [Background | Guide]
- Prayer of Examen [Background | Daily Guide | Yearly Guide]
- Fixed-Hour Prayer [Background | Pray the Hours]
RHYTHM OF LIFE GUIDES
Our writing team has designed discussion guides around our Rhythm of Life that your midweek group can focus on for each season.
- Rhythm of Life Introduction [Session 1 | Session 2 | Session 3 | All]
- Evangelism [Session 1 | Session 2 | Session 3 | Session 4 | All]
- Sabbath [Session 1 | Session 2 | Session 3 | All]
- Generosity [Session 1 | Session 2]
VOX HOMILY GUIDES
For certain seasons, our writing team has designed discussion guides around the homily so your groups can continue reflecting and practicing what was shared during liturgy.
- July 2017 [July 9 – Light Living | July 23 – Receiving Others | July 30 – Compassionate Giving]
- August 2017 [August 6 – Fulfillment | August 13 – Mirrored Healing | August 20 – Practicing Mercy]
- October 2017 [October 8 – Keeping the Wound Clean | October 15 – Great Questions | October 22 – Presence]
- November 2017 [November 5 – Release | November 12 | November 26 – Practice Gratitude]
- December 2017 [December 3 – Advent: Keep Awake | December 10 | December 17]
OTHER CURRICULUM GUIDES
The following are discussion guides and resources around other topics that your midweek group can also walk through.
- Enneagram (2016) [Session 1 | MWG Enneagram Intro Presentation | Enneagram Integration and Disintegration | Enneagram Resources]
- Vox’s Values (2016) [Artistry | Posture | Empathy | Participation | Peculiarity | Mystery | Vox Values | Values and Enneagram Reflections (incomplete) | All]
- Lent (2017) [Lent | Maundy Thursday | Holy Saturday]
- Rhythms of Liturgy (2017) [Doxology | Confession | Scripture | Eucharist | Benediction]
COMMUNITY BIBLE EXPERIENCE
The Community Bible Experience is an 8-week reading plan that allows you to read the entire New Testament using the Books of the Bible reformatting of Scripture. The reading has a more narrative feel and the group conversations are more similar to a book club.
- CBE Resources [Overview | Digital Resources | NT eBook | CBE mp3 Audio Files | Leaders Guide | Video Summaries]
- Books of the Bible: for a physical copy please email us
JAMES ALISON AUSTIN SEMINARS (2017)
We had the privilege of co-hosting the theologian James Alison in Austin and he spoke at our Vox Theology Conference as well as other communities as well. The following are links to the audio and video recordings of his seminars.
- 9/12/17 – The Story of Scapegoating in Scripture (SSW) [audio | video]
- 9/13/17 – How to Read the Bible (Vox) [audio]
- 9/14/17 – Inefficiency Podcast Interview [audio]
- 9/16/17 – Vox Theology Conference (audio) [Session 1 | Session 2 | Session 3 | Session 4]
- 9/17/17 – Vox Homily [audio]
- 9/18/17 – Scapegoating and Racism (UT) [audio]
LECTIONARY BACKGROUND FOR LECTIO DIVINA
For those groups who practice Lectio Divina using the lectionary texts from each Sunday to continue the dialogue from the sermon, our writing team has written some background material that may be helpful in providing context for your conversation.
- Fall 2014 [Genesis 4 | 1 Thess 1 | 1 Thess 2 | Mark 7 | Ephesians 1 | Isaiah 61]
- Advent [Advent Guide]
- Spring 2015 [Psalm 147 | John 2]
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
Leading up to Good Friday 2015, all of our midweek groups collaborated to provide reflections on the Stations of the Cross. Each group spent time reading and meditating on one station and put together images, art or prayers for the rest of the Vox community to reflect on during our Good Friday Liturgy.
- Full Presentation – Stations 1-14 (PDF version with no video clips)
- Video Clips – Station 1 | Station 5 | Station 12
- Soundtrack – Owl Splinters (Deaf Center)
Original Content. The following links are the original content created by each group prior to editing for the integrated presentation:
- Station 1 | Station 2 | Station 3 | Station 4 | Station 5 | Station 6 | Station 7
- Station 8 | Station 9 | Station 10 | Station 11 | Station 12 | Station 13 | Station 14