As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- The promise of hope in a world full of pain, that we can long for things to be the way they were intended to be (Gideon)
- The friends and community I have with me (Wendy)
- Becoming a part of this Vox community 3 years ago and for God’s providence in our lives (Chris M)
- My wife and son and God’s unfailing provision for us
- The message today of realigning what is really Christmas and for the mystery of God
- Those who live on the drag who have nowhere to go that they at least have their community during this season
- Being safe from a motorcycle accident a few weeks ago and for God being there in protecting me
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- The families in Connecticut and the teachers and parents who have lost children in a season of mourning (Gideon)
- My sister-in-law who will be getting married and for all the transitions involved (Natalie)
- Those who are missing loved ones for the first time this year (Natalie)
- My friend Myla whose father is in the hospital after a heart attack (Wendy)
- My coworker Adam and his roommates who lost their homes and their friend in a fire last week (Chris M)
- My 3 year old niece who has separated parents and is struggling with this brokenness. For all those who are experiencing brokenness (Steven H)
- Those who are terminally ill or have chronic sickness that they will experience a sense of hope and a belief in God’s ability to heal (Sam M)
- My friend Jeff who came home from teaching in China to take his father off life support (Mike)
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by austin&&&& @ Flickr]