As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- My friend Scott who has been opening up to others about the difficulties that he’s been going through and the growth he’s experiencing
- A new street ministry called Lost and Found that is serving people on the Drag (Becky)
- Graduating after moving to Austin 11 years ago (Doug)
- My sister-in-law who tried to commit suicide but ended up deciding not to
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- This advent season, that we would be able to develop a practice of waiting instead of consuming (Weylin)
- My friend Brandy who has a brain tumor and with increasing pain. For peace for her family and children (Sam F)
- Quick healing for Su who has gall stones (Mick)
- The blockade in east Texas and those who are going on strike and protesting the companies that are damaging the environment in their towns (Catie)
- My sister Vivian and my nephew Nicholas who have been separated for 6 months due to an international kidnapping incident as they should hear something this week
- Jonathan, my friend who is starting a grad student ministry at UT and is needing to raise support (Steven H)
- A close family friend whose young marriage is being impacted by her husband’s addictions and just found out she’s expecting. For repentance and change to be experienced in their marriage (Aaron)
- My dad who just finished a medical procedure and is moving to a facility in Austin for recovery (Doug)
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by Boots B @ Flickr]