As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- How our faith doesn’t start with us but there’s a history of those of lived their faith before us (Jason M)
- My roommate Justin who got a fracture in his spine in a biking accident but won’t be paralyzed (Aaron)
- God giving me peace to deal with turmoil this summer and to face difficulties as I go back to school
- Seeing Chris C this past week who is healthy after his tumor was removed (Becky)
- My friends Nathan and Deanna who showed me great hospitality this week (Anslee)
- My friends and Vox family who didn’t forget me and encouraged me as I was in El Salvador the last 7 months (Catie)
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes getting city approval to build a village for the homeless community in Austin (Steven H)
- Getting married and being back from our honeymoon (Brendan)
- This community in Texas and the love we’ve experienced (Brendan)
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- The work of Catie and the people of El Salvador caught in the web of violence (Jason M)
- My roommate Justin who was in a biking accident, for his spirit and his healing and recovery (Aaron)
- Peace and comfort for friends in New Zealand whose dad died this past week in an accident (Hannah P)
- Julie who is now homeless and that God would strengthen her in this difficult season (Becky)
- My difficulties dealing with the heat in this summer (Becky)
- Nathan who is in extreme pain dealing with excessive weight and hurt knees and for his joy to return (Anslee)
- Myself and the new family I have in El Salvador and that we will experience hope and the reality of God’s peace (Catie)
- My friend Tom who joined the Peace Corp and is heading out to Paraguay
- My friend Cecily who is still in the hospital after experiencing an aneurism and stroke
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by coolhandluke @ Flickr]