As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- A season of depression coming to an end.
- A family camp member who lives in Austin and getting to spend more time with them and develop continued relationships (Caleb)
- Healthy Fjola and Jen and this community (Harmon)
- Time and relaxation with family (Aaron)
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- This morning’s text and discomfort, that we will let it simmer and struggle to understand what that looks like (Gideon)
- A friend starting a journey overseas
- A friend who passed away (Dolores)
- Peace in the world, and the terrorism and violence, that may God preserve what is righteous (Becky)
- A friend experiencing homelessness and a lot of pain and bitterness, but doesn’t know how to deal with. For God to be with him and for resolution (Evan)
- A friend who has some mental problems and committed suicide. For his family and others that are close to him to process and be in a healthy place and love each other (Caleb)
- Courage to initiate tough conversations with family members in the coming weeks (Aaron)
- Those who are emotionally and physically distant from family – for reconciliation
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by Richard Gaston @ Flickr]