As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- God’s choice in using the weak and outcast of the world (Weylin)
- The opportunity to be in California for a few months through my job (James)
- Bringing Sam and Carol back to enjoy for a bit (Mick)
- The body of Christ and community that we all are a part of (Natasha)
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- My friend Sarah who is leaving this weekend (Courtney)
- My grandmother who broke her ankle and hurt her knee and my other grandmother going through chemo (James)
- My brother who is deployed in Afghanistan and my other brother who will be deployed this September. For comfort for my family and safety for my brothers (Gina)
- Those who will be leaving on journeys like James and Danielle (Mick)
- A clear sense of calling and next steps for the local missions team (Tim)
- E in Central Asia who is facing difficult decisions and conversations (Dallas)
- Those impacted in Florida by tropical storms (Becky)
- Continued issues with my health (Becky)
- Evan’s parents who are dealing with sickness and death in the family (Grace)
- A family who just moved into Posada house who have a sense of hopelessness (Catie)
- My friend whose marriage is falling apart and has a little girl (Nathaniel)
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by Jocelyn Catterson @ Flickr]