As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- My friends who surprised me this past week and visited me in Austin (Kristen)
- My health problems improving (Becky)
- My wife who surprised me with trip to Japan to visit my sister (Mike Y)
- All the people who are doing good work around the world (Mike Y)
- My girlfriend and I getting to go same city for grad school and for free (John K)
- All the good that came from those who helped and served in the midst of the tragedies this week
- Meaningful work that I get to participate in (Aaron)
- My mother whose birthday is tomorrow
- My grand nephew who is a pedicab driver in Boston and ran towards the bombings to help those in need (Fred)
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- The tragedies that occured this past week with the bombings in Boston, the explosions in West Texas and the earthquake in China, that the peace of God that goes beyond our understanding would be felt and for healing for those who have been hurt and experienced loss (Weylin)
- My good friend Glen who recently OD’d but is still breathing (Joe)
- My brother David who is going through hard times and for my mom who is living in hotels after being evicted from her apartment (Delila)
- My friend Scout’s mom who passed way this past week and for healing and relief for their family
- My sister who is moving back to Kenya after graduation and for figuring out future plans (John K)
- My friend’s parents who are both with cancer
- My friend Will who is experiencing cancer and a recent broken rib and for his wife Angie who is taking care of him
- Those who may develop an unhealthy prejudice in their reaction to the tragedies this past week
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by My ♥ is an apple @ Flickr]