As a community, we can support and celebrate with each other through prayer. Join us in praying for those both spoken and unspoken during Sunday liturgy.
Prayers of Thanksgiving. For …
- The example of Christ in the midst of His misunderstanding and suffering. (Gid)
- My friend Bill coming back home from Afghanistan. (Tim)
- People I’ve come in contact with from Nepal who moved from Nepal and left everything behind for their faith. We’ve started a community garden with them. (Stephen)
- Fred’s successful hip replacement surgery and release from the hospital this week. (John)
… let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Prayers of Petition. For …
- Us that we would live as the church and to seek not to be understood but to understand. (Gid)
- My friend Bill’s recovery from an IED explosion in Afghanistan. (Tim)
- My neighbor Charlie’s recovery from pneumonia and that he will be able to come home soon. (Mick)
- My cousin’s husband who had to have sudden surgery and for my cousin who has a rare cancer. (Jenny)
- My brother Robert who is broken-hearted (Chris)
- My friend Mike who will be deployed back to Afghanistan, that he be kept safe (Skylar)
- A friend of mine who told me that 5 of her friends were killed this morning in a suicide bombing in Afghanistan.
- All the kids that are about to take their TAKS test, that they have courage and confidence and know that their worth is not based on their score. (Weishan)
- Afghanistan that the Lord watch over the super powers who are handling negotiations. (Evan)
- Waiting on HUD to give us a closing date as we’re supposed to be moving to our new house next weekend. (Rachel)
… let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy.
[Photo by abbytrysagain @ Flickr]